Flying high at 25!
For Facelift, 2010 is a special year – as it celebrates 25 years of industry leadership and innovation.
It all started back in 1985, when Managing Director, Gordon Leicester, opened shop and the company bought its very first cherry picker from the Hong Kong Fire Department. Since then, Facelift’s success has exploded.
Said Gordon: “We’ve come such a long way, from when I first set up the business. It was paramount that Facelift maintained a personable approach, while still being appreciated for its expertise – this is something the company maintains to this day.”
The company grew as its reputation did and now spans across England with five Facelift call centre depots located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Southampton and the head office at Hickstead, Sussex. With a wealth of experience in power solutions, Facelift has worked on a spectrum of projects with clients, ranging from highway engineers, to film units, architects and many more. The company’s clients know that Facelift’s personal approach and expertise in powered access solutions, means a high quality service, every time.`
During its rich history, Facelift has had some amazing achievements, including:
· Becoming one of the first access hire companies to join the International Powered Access Federation in 1988. Becoming a IPAF and PASMA training centre in 1996 and going onto train 30,000 candidates.
· With new additions of access platforms, from Simon and Condor, in 1989, Facelift, for the first time, can help its clients work at heights over 150ft.
· In 2000, Facelift rubbed shoulders with Tony Blair, as he signed the plaque, which is placed in the roof of the Millennium Dome, from the cage of a Facelift 55m Bronto.
· In 2001, the company purchased the first 62m Bronto in the UK, which has an impressive out reach of 37 metres.
· In 2010 – Facelift turned 25!
A bright future
Facelift knows that the current economic climate is a difficult one, and will strive to help its customers succeed in these tough times, with its focus on customer service and helping clients to work more safely.
With a range of equipment available, there is something for every need and no project is too small, with over 60 different types of powered access lifts to choose from. Detailed information is available on each piece of equipment and following Facelift’s easy access policy, you can find the information here.
Facelift makes a point to see that it always meets its customers specific individual requirements. This has helped it through 2009 and with a robust strategy to take it through 2010; Facelift will adhere to its long-term growth by working in partnership with its clients in its ongoing quest for innovation and quality.
To celebrate Facelift’s success over the last 25 years, the company is inviting clients and suppliers to an exciting summer celebration, to be held on Saturday 17th July. More details to follow, so watch this space!
Join us on our Facebook page where we will also post news updates for our 2010 celebrations and other Facelift activities.
For more information contact Facelift on 0800 521 595