HSE Publishes 2018/19 stats for injury and ill health
The number of injuries and incidents of ill-health in workplaces across Great Britain is still too high, new statistics for 2018/19 show.
- 1.4 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,526 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2017)
- 147 workers killed at work
- 581,000 working people sustaining an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 69,208 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 28.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £15 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2017/18)
View the HSE pdf here.