Judges announced for IAPAs in Spain
The judging panel has been announced for the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) to be held on 17 March 2016 in Madrid, Spain.
Jointly organised by Access International magazine and IPAF, the IAPA awards aim to celebrate best practice and excellence in the powered access industry. The 2016 IAPA judges are:
• Mark Atkinson, Health & Safety manager, Clugston Construction, UK
• Shawn Ong, COO, Galmon, Singapore
• Ivan Papell, managing director & owner, Liftisa, Spain (former managing director, Lavendon Spain, and director-general, DK Rental)
• Martin Vögtli, CEO, SkyAccess, Switzerland
• Andy Studdert, IPAF president, and chairman and CEO, NES Rentals, USA
• Non-voting chairman of the judges: Euan Youdale, editor, Access International
In total, there are 13 award categories, celebrating everything from new products to innovations in safety and training.
New for 2016 is the IAPA Innovative Technology Prize, for a technical development that makes a significant leap forward in further enhancing the safety of aerial work platforms. There are also two categories which are designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only: IPAF Training Centre of the Year, and IPAF Training Instructor of the Year.