When don’t you need a CPC?
There are a few exceptions when drivers of heavy-duty vehicles. These are:
- If the vehicle the driver is driving doesn’t go over 45 kilometres per hour.
- If the vehicle is responsible for maintaining public order, such as fire engines and military vehicles.
- If someone uses a vehicle to complete a rescue mission.
- Is used as a learner vehicle for people who are studying for their CPC qualification.
- Is not used in a professional capacity, such as for carrying passengers.
So that means pretty much everyone using one in a plant or construction environment will require the qualification!